Petitto guides new center in Hong Kong
July 14, 2016
Dr. Laura-Ann Petitto is in Hong Kong for three weeks to assist with the establishment and design of the University of Hong Kong's new Science of Learning-Educational Neuroscience Center and Ph.D. program initiatives.
In her role as Sin-Wai Kin Distinguished Visiting Professor in the Humanities, Dr. Petitto is involved in multiple aspects of the new center, including:
- Advising the faculty on setting up a Ph.D. program modeled after Gallaudet’s Ph.D. in Educational Neuroscience program - making Gallaudet truly an international model!
- Mentoring neuroscientists
- Setting up a new lab and fNIRS system that she helped secure for the university scientists
- Helping build an interdisciplinary Science of Learning team similar to VL2
- Establishing a MOU with HKU that provides thrilling new learning opportunities and career options for Gallaudet University students!
For more information about Dr. Petitto's role at HKU, click here.
Scientists with their new fNIRS system and laboratory at the University of Hong Kong are pictured. Above: From left: Dr. Frank Zhu, Professor Laura-Ann Petitto, Professor Nancy Law, Professor Akaysha Tang, and Dr. Jingyan Lu in the University of Hong Kong's new educational neuroscience lab, designed by Dr. Petitto.